« Older   Newer »

1.     Like  

GoatMila

Group
    CIO

Status
    Anonymous

*click on spoiler to read the answer*

1. I'm new, how do I subscribe to the game?

SPOILER (click to view)
    First of all you need to comment this thread https://wtaguess.forumfree.it/?t=78856454 choosing a nation, among the ones available, and a favorite surface.
    Once you have commented that thread you are officially a WtaGuess player!

2. I want to change my nickname, is that allowed?

SPOILER (click to view)
    Starting from this year it won't be allowed to change username throughout the season (only at the sign up).

3. I want to join a tournament, how do I do?

SPOILER (click to view)
    To enter a tournament you will find the Entry list for the tournaments scheduled for the following week in this section https://wtaguess.forumfree.it/?f=5005036.
    If you want to play you just need to comment the entry list of the week posting the tournament you want to play (i.e. "Auckland singles").
    If you want to take part to the doubles competition you just need to add to your comment "in Auckland singles and doubles" and if you already have a partner specify it.

4. I don't have a partner in doubles, can I still take part to the doubles competition?

SPOILER (click to view)
    Yes, a player who hasn't a partner but wants to play doubles will be paired with an other player who hasn't got one at the closing of the Entry List.

5. I have already entered a tournament in the Entry lists, can I change my choice?

SPOILER (click to view)
    Unfortunately once you have posted your choice in the Entry list thread, you can not change it later.

6. The Entry lists have closed and I am an ALT, what does it mean?

SPOILER (click to view)
    ALT means alternate, that means that you are out of the qualifying draws, but you still have a chance of getting a spot in the qualifying.
    You will just need to send the qualifying first round schedona, and if a player in the original qualifying draw forgets to send its, you will replace them.

7. What is a Schedona, and how do I send it correctly?

SPOILER (click to view)
    A Schedona is a list of the matches you will have to guess the result of. It will be the same for singles and doubles, and for every tournament of the week.
    Here you can find the video tutorial on how to send it correctly, step by step --> https://youtu.be/ydNxIGLTKGk

8. How does the score system work when I guess correctly the matches?

SPOILER (click to view)
    If you predicted correctly the winner and the set betting of:
    -> 2-0 you get 4 points
    -> 2-1 you get 5 points

If you predicted correctly the winner but not the set betting you get 3 points.

9. I want to resend a Schedona because in the first one i sent there was a mistake/ I changed my mind on some scores, is it possible?

SPOILER (click to view)
    Absolutely YES.
    We will consider ONLY the last schedona sent in chronological order (obviously it must be sent before the deadline), so you are free the resend a new version.

10. I have sent my Schedona after the Deadline, but before the actual start of the first match, is it still valid?

SPOILER (click to view)
    NO.
    All the schedonas sent after the deadline won't be counted as valid.

11. I am sure I have sent the schedona but I am not seeing it posted on the thread, where is it?

SPOILER (click to view)
    If you don't see your schedona on the thread there might be few possible explanation:
    - you might have made some mistakes filling that out, so it might be posted on this thread https://wtaguess.forumfree.it/?t=78892129
    - you might have written on the top the name of an other tournament, so you might need to check the other tournaments thread (it will still be valid, except for ITFs)
    - you might have not sent it (for any kind of issues), that is why we strongly suggest you to check the box at the end of the page of your message that says "Add a copy of this message to my Sent Items folder", so that you will save a copy to your "sent Item folder" and you will have your receipt.

12. What happens if a player (listed in a match of the schedona) retires?

SPOILER (click to view)
    If the player retires before stepping into the court or before the finish of the first set, the match won't be counted.
    If the player retires after the end of the first set, the match will be counted but not the set betting.

13. How do I take part to an ITF?

SPOILER (click to view)
    The is no entry lists for ITFs.
    To play an ITF you'll just need to send the ITF 1st Schedona (that is usually out on Monday).
    Everyone who is not playing the singles Main Draw of the WTA events of the week can join the ITF.

I have other questions, where do I find the answers?

SPOILER (click to view)
    You can find the detailed rulebook here https://wtaguess.forumfree.it/?t=73340578
    If you have other doubts don't hesitate to contact us on Twitter @WTAGuess or here emailing one of the staffers

Edited by WtaGuess Staff - 31/12/2022, 16:25

0 replies since 9/1/2022, 19:57   1232 views