What these Australian Open are telling us

« Older   Newer »

1. Bøh

User deleted

We have reached quarter-finals in Australian Open draws and a large number of situation can make us think about...

In men's draw is first time since "paleolitic" that both the main two seeds are out of QF. Mainwhile Stan Wawrinka confirmed a feeling with this tournament and both Federer and Nadal could have more than a chance.

In women's one Serena still play in her own world, but the other three top seeds have not reach the QF again. For Halep is second consecutive drop at R1 at AO, so great chance failed. Vandeweghe and Lucic are at very first slam QF (i think, not sure), while Konta is a confirm and incredible on fire after having win Sydney last week.

What do you think about? What this 2017 can reserve us? And more important: who will be crowned on Sunday???

2.     Like  

Martina Navratilova

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I think Lucic did better in Wimbledon...didn't she? :wP:

I'm not sure but...has Kerber won any tournament after becoming number 1? :w648: That just let us know how difficult is to the have all the pressure on you (let's also talk about Murray, same reason). That's even worse, considering Murray became number 1 only winning one Slam last year.

Muguruza is in a good shape, she could definitely take the 3rd place, even though Karotina is showing those who said she wasn't able to stay in the top10 that she could also go higher and higher LOL

3. Bøh

User deleted

Wooops...sorry for Lucic, but was a majority ago..was 1998 :wo:

4. Bøh

User deleted

And here we are...is another time Williams vs. Williams for the slam title...16 year and 8 slam final later...just unbelivable anyway :w631:

5.     Like  

Martina Navratilova

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Anyway Venus had a fantastic draw way to her final! Kozlova, Voegele, Duan, Barthel, Pavlyuchenkova, Vandeweghe

I wanted her to retire soon and there she is :w62d: :w62d:

6. Bøh

User deleted

When Maria come back please hope for her retire :wwoot:

7.     Like  

Martina Navratilova

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    CITAZIONE (Bøh @ 26/1/2017, 13:04) 
    When Maria come back please hope for her retire :wwoot:

Maria made me win some tournaments here....Venus drove me crazy everytime she was a difference with my opponent -.-

Anyway before the Main Draw was made I said: "Lucky who gets Sevastova as a seeded player...but also Makarova or Venus"

Except for Sevastova, Makarova beated Cibulkova and Venus came back playing her best tennis

8. Bøh

User deleted

And Federer come back to a slam final....will the #17 seed be the lucky one? :wD:

A Federer-Nadal final would be absolutely fascinating...but i hope for a Dimitrov win :wD:

7 replies since 23/1/2017, 16:34   84 views